UHY Ross Brooke Chartered Accountants

Are you claiming a tax refund for all your work expenses?

tax relief for work expenses

HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) is reminding employed workers that they can claim a refund on work-related expenses directly through GOV.UK.

Workers can claim for work-related expenses including:

  • uniforms and work clothing;
  • buying work-related equipment;
  • professional fees, union memberships, and subscriptions; and
  • using their own vehicle for work travel (excluding journeys from home to work).

See: Claim tax relief for your job expenses: Overview – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

For help with your Self Assessment tax return or other tax advice please get in touch.

Share This Post

Related insights

Talk to us

Newbury: 01635 555666
Abingdon: 01235 251252
Swindon: 01793 610008
Hungerford: 01488 682546