Accountants for Solicitors
Legal practices that require a Solicitors’ Accounts Rules Audit must choose an accountant that is a registered auditor. In addition, all legal practices will be looking for a firm of accountants that can handle compliance services in an efficient and cost-effective manner. From sole practitioners to partners in large organisations, and lawyers in Alternative Business Structures (ABS), our specialist accountants are an authority in legal accounting requirements.
Accountancy Services for Solicitors and Legal Firms
- Solicitors Account Rules and Client Money Reports
- Annual accounts
- Self assessment tax preparation and returns
- Preparation of corporation tax and filing returns
- VAT advice and returns
- SDLT (Stamp Duty) and CGT advice and claims for themselves and clients
- Making Tax Digital and online accounting software eg Xero
- Business planning and strategic advice
- Succession planning advice
- Merger and acquisition advice
- LLP conversions and incorporation
- Assistance with funding applications
How best to structure your legal practice – whether sole trader, partnership, LLP, Limited Company or ABS? Is my client paying the correct amount of Stamp Duty, or who can take on SDLT refund claims work? Can I contract out my clients’ CGT claims? These are questions that we are commonly asked by new legal clients, and we’re delighted to share the answers.
But it’s not just the day-to-day accounting for your own practice that we’ve got covered. We’re also experts in tax planning, IHT, CGT and Stamp Duty which means that we can assist you with this work for your clients at your request. Our expertise often results in a larger refund for the end-client which benefits you as your clients will remember where the introduction came from. By pairing up in this way, we can offer each others’ services to all our clients which is mutually beneficial. Add to that the additional expertise and global reach of UHY of which we are a network partner, and we’re a powerful associate to have on your team.
Get in touch with your accountancy requirements and see how we can help your legal practice raise the bar.