UHY Ross Brooke Chartered Accountants

Travel Agents

Need an ATOL Reporting Accountant (ARA)?

Travel agents and tour operators who offer holidays with ATOL protection must hold an ATOL licence.  In order for ATOL holders to renew their ATOL licence they must submit financial and non-financial information to the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).  Key sections of this must be signed off by an ATOL Reporting Accountant (ARA) who understands the travel industry, and both ATOL’s and the CAA’s robust requirements for financial compliancy.

The ATOL accountants report is a financial statement prepared by an independent accountant that will help to provide assurance to the CAA that the company has sufficient funds to meet its obligations under the ATOL scheme.

An ARA is a member of an ATOL Reporting Accountant Scheme.  The firm of accountants must be registered and answerable to various professional bodies, while the individual ARA accountant must have personally completed certain training. We have this specialist knowledge within UHY Ross Brooke.

Mike Robins accountant
Mike Robins – ATOL Reporting Accountant

Services for ATOL members and other tour operators

As well as a number of clients in the travel and tourism sector, our portfolio includes owner-managed businesses and consequently we can offer a wide range of accounting and business advisory services including:

  • Signing off ATOL Annual Accountants Reports and submission to the CAA
  • Signing off Financial Protection Annual Return for ABTA (Association of British Travel Agents)
  • Assistance with ABTA bonding
  • ATOL licence annual renewal applications
  • Management account preparation
  • Business advice and tax planning
  • Outsourced payroll
  • MTD and cloud accounting services eg Xero

Audits for ATOL Travel Agents

Your registered auditor does not have to be an ATOL Reporting Accountant, although the audit will have to be signed off by one.  So if you prefer to stay with your current auditor, but need an ARA to sign off the reports, we’re happy to work with your auditor or other third parties.

That said, we have the expertise to cover all your accountancy, audit and business advisory needs should you wish for a one-stop-shop.

Why use UHY Ross Brooke?

Because we have a number of travel agency clients, we understand what you need, and when you need it. We have a great reputation for staying in touch with our clients and being proactive and we aim to relieve some of your stress at ATOL licence renewal time.

By using us for your ATOL reports, you reduce the risk of failing your renewal. We offer accurate and compliant reports. We’ll even talk to you in a language you understand, and we offer a professional and friendly service.

Get in touch with our ATOL Reporting Accountant for a friendly chat

Caroline Webster - Partner - UHY Ross Brooke Accountants Abingdon
Caroline Webster, ATOL Reporting Accountant

You may also be interested in:

Talk to us

Newbury: 01635 555666
Abingdon: 01235 251252
Swindon: 01793 610008
Hungerford: 01488 682546