Accountants for Technology, IT & Telecoms
Technology companies usually begin as a brilliant idea developed with a couple of colleagues, but enthusiasm and drive alone will not ensure success. Our technology sector business specialists understand the unique problems and challenges in this industry, wherever you are in your life-cycle: a tech startup with just an idea, setting out contracts, raising finance or looking to capitalise on your hard work.
Business Advice for Tech Companies
We are not just specialist accountants for the technology sector, we are also business advisors too, for software, hardware, IT and Telecoms companies and entrepreneurs. We can:
- facilitate shareholder agreement and cap table (record of shareholders)
- advise you on your pitch deck, business plan and financial forecasting
- counsel you on company structure
- offer proactive and responsive tax advice and planning
- assist with Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) and Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS)
- advise on Research and Development Relief claims and compliance
- support your International Tax Planning
- guide you on the most appropriate Long Term Incentive Plans (LTIP) including Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) scheme, Growth Shares Schemes and Phantom Share Plan
The Technology Business Journey
Specialist Accountancy Services for Tech Companies
We can also free you up from everyday accounting functions such as:
- Cash flow forecasting
- Outsourcing your finance department and tasks
And more difficult ones like:
- Board reporting and management information
- Audit and assurance
- Exit planning
- Public listing (IPO)
- Equity sale
- Management buy-out
- Employee Ownership Trusts
Starting up, financing and running a tech company is so much more complicated than having a brilliant idea, and one which you will benefit from an experienced business advisor and specialist accountant.
With 4 offices in the Thames Valley (the UK’s silicon valley), we have supported IT and Telecoms entrepreneurs, startups and tech companies for many years, so we already have a deep-rooted understanding of the tech sector. We understand how dynamic it can be, and how delay can mean the difference between being VHS or Betamax.
Whether you are an expert in hardware, software or other digital technologies and wherever you are in your tech life-cycle, we’ll have plenty of useful knowledge and advice to impart, so have a chat with our specialist accounting team.
You may also be interested in:
Our office locations
UHY Ross Brooke has 4 offices across the South East including Newbury and Hungerford in Berkshire, Swindon in Wiltshire and Abingdon in Oxfordshire. The good news is that even if we’re not local to you, we are very experienced with working with our clients remotely, so don’t let distance stop you from getting in touch.
Get a copy of the UHY Tech Journey
For more information about these topics, please fill in the form to receive the UHY Tech Journey pdf.