UHY Ross Brooke Chartered Accountants


Accountants for landlords of buy to lets, HMO’s and commercial properties

Whether you hold a large portfolio of rental property, or are letting out your holiday home through Airbnb, you need to be mindful of your tax situation. It’s easy to fall into the trap of thinking that a few weeks’ cash in hand won’t attract the attention of the taxman, but HMRC is taking a greater interest in landlords of all types. You don’t even have to be resident in the UK to be liable for tax related to your rental properties.

Landlords’ property includes:

  • Commercial property
  • Holiday homes or rooms in a house whether rented privately or through a third party eg Airbnb, booking.com
  • Houses in multiple occupation (HMO) eg student accommodation
  • Buy to let private property
  • Overseas property

Accountancy services for landlords

When you rent out property, there are numerous taxes you need to consider as a landlord, but there are ways of mitigating your liabilities. By consulting UHY Ross Brooke; a specialist accountant for rental properties, you should find that your tax bill is reduced and your administration becomes much simpler. We offer our landlords the following services (among others):

Adding value

We understand that getting the details right is critical to our landlord clients, but they are not necessarily at the forefront of your list. We will remind you about deadlines for your quarterly returns and self assessment submission, and when your portfolio becomes large enough, our business advisors can suggest new ways of structuring your business.

Next steps

Get in touch with our friendly specialist landlord accountants and see how we can make your life simpler.

You may also be interested in:

Starting your own property rental business
Tax investigations insurance

Related sectors

Landlords’ Management Software

Non-Resident Landlords

Talk to us

Newbury: 01635 555666
Abingdon: 01235 251252
Swindon: 01793 610008
Hungerford: 01488 682546