Whether you are thinking of converting to Academy status or have already done so, we understand the complexities involved and that independence from your Local Authority may require enhanced internal controls for your school’s finances.
Our Academies and Charities team is headed by Caroline Webster, who has over 25 years experience in the education and charities sector. She has acted as an audit partner and adviser to many Multi-Academy Trusts which have undergone considerable change and growth under her guidance. Caroline’s experience ranges from MATs of 18 schools to stand alone organisations, advising on their specific requirements for academy accounts and ESFA reporting. She is aware of the importance of ensuring that Management Letters give clear and constructive advice, and that growing Trusts have the support they need from all their professional advisers.
As well as having considerable experience at Board and Trustee level, Caroline has worked with audit committees to devise programmes of work for the internal audit of academy schools. Her pragmatic approach takes into account the regulatory environment within which academies and other schools operate, as well as the current pressures on funding and resources.
Our experienced team has the capacity to ensure that both the ESFA and statutory deadlines are met. We work with you to make sure your audit does not disrupt your own team, while focussing our approach on the areas of risk. We are also able to carry out interim work over the summer, if that suits you.
Accountancy services for Academy Schools & Trusts
- Preparation of statutory audit and year end accounts
- ESFA financial health checks
- Internal audit – design of control procedures and internal audit reviews
- Tax matters – VAT advice, Corporation Tax consultancy for trading companies
- Employee taxes – PAYE and National Insurance – consultancy, planning and reviews
- Payroll services
- Advice and assistance with accounting systems
- Regular updates on changes affecting the education sector
- Guidance on appropriate management reporting
- Advice on use of trading subsidiaries