Accountants for Farmers & Agriculture
The taxation rules for agricultural and farming are both complex and unique and it is therefore essential that you engage a firm of accountants that has specialist knowledge of the farming industry, who not only speak your language but can also explain to you in simple terms what you need to understand.
Planning your farm and estate finances for both the medium and longer term are key to a profitable business, whether you wish to pass on your farm to family and future generations, or to leave farming and capitalise your assets.
Specialist Accountancy Services for Farmers
UHY Ross Brooke offers the following services to our rural communities, whether you are a landowner, farmer, or estate owner.
- Strategic business and tax advice
- Preparation of annual accounts and tax returns
- Planning for succession and retirement including Family Investment Companies
- SDLT advice, minimising capital gains tax (CGT) and property and land transaction planning
- Benefits of incorporation
- Inheritance Tax or succession planning
- VAT advice
- Trust advice
- Audit for agricultural and farming businesses
- Accounting software advice and setup
- Making Tax Digital for farming businesses
- Access to our network of other specialist professionals
Farming has changed greatly over the last century and many farmers have had to diversify. There are various tax breaks and grants available for certain businesses, and ways of offsetting income and other taxes. If you are considering branching out into the following areas, or have already done so, it could be profitable to have a chat with one of our specialist agricultural accountants.
- Holiday lets and B&B, camping, glamping and caravan parks,
- Commercial and residential letting
- Open farms and tourist attractions
- Garden centre and nurseries
- Property and land development
- Self storage and caravan storage
- Farm shops, cafes and food production
- Care homes and creches
Whether you need help with your financial planning, cash flow or gross margin accounts, do get in touch to discover how our experts can help you increase profits, safeguard your farm assets and maximise tax planning opportunities.