Capital Gains Tax – How much should you pay, and when’s it due?

Capital Gains Tax (CGT) is the tax on the profit when you sell (or ‘dispose of’) an asset, when it has increased in value.

How much you are required to pay, and the timescale to settle your CGT liability varies, depending on the asset that you dispose of, and whether you are a UK resident.

It’s worth getting professional advice on your Capital Gains, as there are several ways to offset your total tax bill.

Let’s have a look at these situations in more detail, or fill out the form to ask us about your CGT circumstances.

Capital Gains Tax rules

Can we help you?

    and we promise not to share your details
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.