Accountants for Musicians, Actors & Performers
We love our creative clients, they bring a whirlwind of vibrancy and theatre to our world! Our clients are performers and entertainers of all kinds.
- Theatres and music venues
You already know that you are unique, but it takes a specialist musician / entertainer accountant to understand the particular tax aspects that can be the difference between you being on the bread-line and leading the chorus-line.
Did you know for example that you can claim allowances that other self-employed individuals cannot?
You may be able to claim the following costs as expenses if you are a self-employed performer:
- Costumes and performance shoes purchase and hire
- Cosmetic dentistry / surgery
- Professional fees including agents and booking fees, accountants fees
- Scripts and sheet music
- Portfolio items eg photos, sound and video recordings
And also capital expenditure allowances for longer-lasting tangible items such as:
- Office equipment
- Musical instruments
And a whole host of others, if you know who to ask.
Accountancy Services for the Performing Arts
If you’re looking for someone to help with the black, white and grey, we get really excited about numbers and tax, leaving you free to be flamboyant and creative. Our entertainer clients use us for the accountancy services below, among other more unusual requests.
- Self assessment tax returns
- Self-employment or PAYE advice
- VAT returns, registration and advice
- Accounting software set up and support eg Xero and Making Tax Digital
- Tax planning opportunities
- Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance Tax issues
Get in touch, we’d love to hear from you. Let’s see whether we can work our magic on your accounts.