What’s it like to work for UHY Ross Brooke?
Our 4 offices are run by local partners who bring different skillsets and specialisms to each location. But the overall vision and work ethic is the same. We care about our colleagues and are respectful and kind and this shows in the length of service of some of our staff, and that many will return after a career break or sabbatical.
Younger members of our team join us straight from school or university to begin their accountancy training, while some of our more experienced colleagues have been with the company for over 30 years!
- Roles – we have specialists in a variety of accountancy fields from audit to tax, payroll and online accounting, and at all levels from trainees to client managers and Partners. Other support staff include roles in HR, reception and marketing.
- Hours – We offer full time, part time and even flexi working contracts because we know that peoples’ situations change through their working life. Because we like to retain our staff, and they like to stay with us, it’s a flexible partnership.
- Balance – We work hard, but we also know when it’s time to stop. People flourish when the work / life balance is right, and we encourage that in our working environment.
- WFH? We love to come into the office to see each other, but we understand that some people can work just as well at home, and we accommodate a balance of WFH / working from the office where we can.
- We’re sociable – Recent social events include an annual netball competition against other Newbury businesses, trips to the races, a visit to Park House stables in Kingsclere, and there are always informal gatherings with colleagues who have become close friends and there’s always a fantastic Christmas party to look forward to.
- Health – Even with a great working environment, we recognize that there are times when people need a bit more support. Our HR team is very approachable and we offer additional support such as a mental health team, and private health cover.
- Supporting our community – 2 examples
- Most summers, sixth form students join our Newbury office for work experience where they can engage in office administration, accountancy and marketing activities.
- We donated gifts to the volunteers at the Newbury Covid-19 vaccination centre on their 10,000th injection.
- Benefits – We also offer a competitive benefits package and as a UHY network partner there is even the potential to move within the wider UK and international network.