Audit Senior vacancy – Newbury Office
We are keen to hear from Audit Seniors in the Newbury area. The audit senior will undertake statutory audit work for a range of limited companies and charities, taking responsibility for the file prior to review by the Director.
This role would suit an already experienced Audit Senior looking for a new challenge.
This role will include:
- Preparation of statutory accounts for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders
- Audit of accounts in accordance with ISAs, including attendance at client premises
- Liaise with clients to ensure accounts comply with accounting standards
- Draft corporation tax computations, including analysis of items for tax
- Support the development of trainees in a clear and concise manner, identify and solve knowledge gaps
- Work directly for Client Managers and Directors, supporting the delivery of technical knowledge
- Keep up to date with legislative changes.
Applicants will have:
- Essential: Qualified Accountant with audit and accounts experience
- Essential: Previous experience working in a practice environment
- Desirable: Background working in a corporate environment
- Essential: UK company audit experience.
- Essential: Accounting software and Microsoft Office
- Desirable: SAGE, Xero, Quickbooks, Kashflow
- Desirable: CCH audit automation software or an equivalent package
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive and enthusiastic to improve services and share knowledge
- Use initiative and problem solve
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Confidence to build rapport and manage a professional relationship with clients
- Highly organised, proven ability to meet deadlines
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to build rapport and work well as part of a team.
The working week: Normal hours of work are 37.5 hours per week, to be worked from 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Location: Principal work base is our Newbury office in Berkshire
To apply for this role, please fill in the form
Whilst we make genuine attempts to respond to all enquiries, if you have not heard from us within 20 normal working days, please assume that you have not been selected for interview on this occasion.
Why UHY Ross Brooke?
UHY Ross Brooke is a Top 20 firm of Chartered Accountants based in Newbury, Abingdon, Hungerford and Swindon. We are ambitious people, united in our mission to be exceptional accountants and business advisers delivering seamlessly integrated client service.
Through our UHY network we harness global intelligence and combine this with local presence and knowledge to share technical and commercial insight.