Specialist Accountants for the Construction Industry
Choosing a specialist accountant for your building or construction company can save you time, money and stress. We know that many small builders try to manage their tax affairs themselves, but as you will appreciate, employing a specialist is quicker, safer and often more cost effective in the long run.
Accountancy Services for Builders and Property Developers
- Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) compliance and refunds
- Self assessment tax preparation and returns
- Preparation of corporation tax and filing returns
- Making Tax Digital and online accounting software eg Xero
- VAT advice and returns, including reverse charge vat supplies
- SDLT (Stamp Duty) and CGT advice and claims
We aim to mitigate the tax situation for our builders, developers and contractors in the construction industry, so that you pay only what you should, claim the reliefs to which you are entitled, and make payments to HMRC in time to avoid costly fines. By filing your tax returns accurately, on time and keeping you in the loop, you also stand a greater chance of avoiding a tax investigation.
Are you a currently trading as a sole trader, or would it be financially advantageous to set up a limited company or partnership? Is it time to become VAT registered? Do you employ tradesmen on PAYE or subcontract or employ apprentices? As a property investor or developer, could you claim a Stamp Duty refund, or could you reduce your CGT liability?
These are questions that we are commonly asked by new clients, and minefields we love to guide them safely through.
And as part of a global network of accountants and associated professionals, we can even offer global civil engineering companies international tax support and specialist services such as transfer pricing advice.
Get in touch with your building or property development related accounting requirements and see how we can help you reach greater heights.
You may also be interested in:
- Starting your own building business
- Making Tax Digital
- New VAT rules for businesses in the construction industry
- Tax investigations insurance
- Family Investment Companies FICs