Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £6 million in quantum technologies innovation projects.
Funding will be available for feasibility projects and industrial research projects that:
- study a commercial opportunity
- quantify performance objectives
- provide a roadmap of future exploitation
- exploit second generation quantum techniques
Second generation quantum technologies are defined as those involving the generation and coherent control of quantum states, resulting in phenomena such as superposition or entanglement. Technologies involving single photon generation are in scope.
To be eligible, projects should address one or more of the technical challenges:
- connectivity – techniques for securing data in storage and in flight
- seeing the invisible – imaging, sensors and detectors for the environment, transport, autonomous systems, infrastructure, and healthcare
- positioning, navigation and timing – developing resilience and precision for situational awareness and time dissemination
- computing – advancing quantum computing for addressing intractable problems through modelling and simulation, machine learning and optimisation
The competition opens on Monday 17 January and closes at 11:00 on Wednesday 9 March 2022.
See: Competition overview – Commercialising quantum technologies: feasibility studies round 3 – Innovation Funding Service (apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk)
You may also be interested in:
How we help IT and Tech companies and start-ups
Please get in touch if we can help your organisation with any accounting or business advisory matters.