Making Tax Digital (MTD) for Income Tax will require businesses to keep digital accounting records and submit quarterly returns to HMRC. These changes will apply to businesses, self-employed individuals and landlords with turnover over £50,000 from 6 April 2026. Those with turnover above £30,000 will be mandated to comply from 6 April 2027 and other businesses and landlords may be mandated at a later date.
Since MTD was announced, we have been working with many of our clients to help them streamline the way they keep their books and help them prepare for digital bookkeeping ahead of the law change. If you haven’t moved your bookkeeping onto a digital package then please talk to us.
Just suppose you:
- Took a photo on your phone of a purchase invoice and it was posted automatically;
- Had a system where your bank fed your data directly into your accounts on a DAILY basis; and
- Could see your results, who owes you money, who you owe, and your business bank balance 24/7, 365 from your smart phone.
We can help you put in a cloud accounting package and get you:
- A clear picture of your current financial position, in real time;
- Put your books 100% online, so there’s no software to install and everything is backed up automatically; and
- Eliminating upfront accounting software costs – upgrades, maintenance, system, and administration costs are no longer an issue.
Please talk to us about the advantages of a cloud accounting package, you will be amazed what a difference knowing your results in real time makes to your business!
- Choosing the best accounting software package for your business. You can even request a free demo of them.
- Landlords’ property management software.
See some of our reviews below and get in touch.
What our clients say about us
Very happy with the ongoing support provided by this company. Sarah is so helpful and patient and nothing is too much trouble. She responds quickly to all my questions and always has the solution! [Sarah helps Janet with Xero and Dext]Janet Cushnaghan
Sarah is a fantastic, knowledgeable all-round accountant who helps us every month with our VAT, CIS returns and all general areas of our books to ensure they are accurate and tidy. Highly competent professional, nothing is too much effort or a silly question. She has helped us get to grips with and understand the accounting principles by explaining things clearly, always giving us helpful advice and seeing ‘the bigger picture’. Promptly follows up queries and is proactive with reminding us of key dates throughout tax year. Gives me confidence in using the accounting software and helps with where to go to find specific training. Friendly and approachable and always willing to help. Would highly recommend!
Uses: QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Self-Employed, QuickBooks Desktop
Services: Accounting, Book cleanup, Bookkeeping, Business budgeting and forecasting, Consulting, Financial reporting, Payroll, QuickBooks consulting, QuickBooks Payroll, QuickBooks setup, QuickBooks training, Self-assessment returns, Small business tax, Tax preparation, Tax services, Tax setupAWG Electrical Services