Accounts Manager – Abingdon, Oxon
Due to our continued growth and success, an exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Accounts Manager based in our Abingdon office.
The Accounts Manager is responsible for working with other Managers/ Assistant Managers and Directors to deliver accounting support to a range of limited companies, partnerships and sole traders. The role supports the development of Accounts Trainees and other junior staff as appropriate and reports to the Abingdon office Director.
The role will include:
- Review annual accounts for companies, partnerships and sole traders
- Review Company tax returns and computations
- Prepare accounts for more complex clients
- Oversee workflow management, ensure deadlines are met
- Manage and develop a portfolio of accounts clients
- Provide ‘first port of call’ advice to accounts clients
- Monitor WIP recovery, budget setting, commercial awareness
- Respond to client queries, advising on accounting and taxation matters, business improvement and growth, exit strategies and provide cloud software support
- Meet with clients for pre and post year end reviews and tax planning
- Manage client satisfaction and dispute resolution
- Draft client bills, WIP and fee management
- Mentor and support the development of Trainees in a clear and concise manner, identify and solve knowledge gaps, develop their understanding of rules and regulations
- Manage staff development and support appraisal process
- Attend and contribute to department and operations meetings and contribute to the company’s business development and strategic growth plans
- Keep up to date with CPD requirements and developments in standards, regulation and legislation
- Share knowledge on technical updates and regulatory changes
Applicants will have:
- Essential: ACA or ACCA qualified
- Essential: Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
- Essential: Previous experience working in a practice environment
- Essential: Demonstrate understanding of accounting standards, VAT rules and legislation, basic personal tax knowledge
- Desirable: Background working in a corporate environment
- Desirable: Experienced in supervising or mentoring junior members of staff
- Essential: Microsoft Office, Accounting Software Packages
- Desirable: Digita Suite, SAGE, QuickBooks, Xero, Virtual Cabinet
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive and solutions focused
- Effective communication skills at all levels
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to demonstrate technical processes to suit a wide ranging audience including management, peers, trainees and clients
- Confidence to build trust and rapport and manage a professional relationship with clients and team members
- Good organisation skills, proven ability to meet deadlines
- Good time management and ability to respond to a changing workload
Understanding of the company and the job
Well researched, enthusiastic and knowledgeable on;
- The requirements of this role
- UHY Ross Brooke client profile
- UHY Ross Brooke
- Hacker Young Group
- 25 days holiday plus usual public holidays
- Hybrid working patterns
- Purchase additional leave
- Health care and wellbeing programme
- Enhanced pension options
- Life assurance x 4
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Enhanced sick pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Professional subscriptions paid for x 2
- Standard optical test expenses
The working week: Normal hours of work are 37.5 hours per week, to be worked from 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Location: Principal work base is our Abingdon Office.
To apply for this role, please fill in the form
Whilst we make genuine attempts to respond to all enquiries, if you have not heard from us within 20 normal working days, please assume that you have not been selected for interview on this occasion.
Why UHY Ross Brooke?
UHY Ross Brooke is a Top 20 firm of Chartered Accountants based in Newbury, Abingdon, Hungerford and Swindon. We are ambitious people, united in our mission to be exceptional accountants and business advisers delivering seamlessly integrated client service.
Through our UHY network we harness global intelligence and combine this with local presence and knowledge to share technical and commercial insight.